Frequently Asked Questions about Outsourcing Bookkeeping to India
Outsourcing to us is in some ways safer than even hiring a local in-house bookkeeper. We perform thorough background checks on our bookkeepers and train them well on the security aspects of bookkeeping. All our bookkeepers have a good reputation and a college degree. We have been outsourcing since 2012 without any issues.
Our physical separation creates an inherent separation of duty, detachment and increased security. Our virtual bookkeepers do not have access to your check books. They also cannot intercept any mail your bank may send you to warn you of a fraudulent transaction. Almost all banks prohibit remotely executed international transfers. They require you to be in person. Our remote distance and 10+ hour time lag has made us the defacto choice to perform nightly cash and merchant card reconciliations for many retail stores and small businesses.
Last but not the least, for the plans that include a supervisor, we have the supervisor watching over the work done by the bookkeeper. This creates an additional layer of security.
1. We have been in business since 2012 and we only support QuickBooks which is used by a vast majority of small to medium businesses. We do not have to waste our resources supporting other software like Peachtree, Tally or Xero. As a result, our virtual bookkeepers have years of QuickBooks experience and are extremely proficient with QuickBooks.
2. Our operations are handled out of a town in India. So, when you outsource to us you outsource bookkeeping to India. While our staff have bachelors or masters degrees in accounting and several years of QuickBooks experience, they benefit from lower cost of living in an Indian town. Our staff are “extremely” satisfied with their pay structure which is much higher than what they would make at other companies. Our clients are very happy with our quality and cost model. It’s a win-win situation.
3. We service a number of clients in a variety of industries and have a pool of virtual bookkeepers. Each team can focus on just one industry and perform just one task i.e., bookkeeping. As a result, they are experts in that industry. Contrast this with an in-house assistant who focuses on a few industries over multiple jobs and handles a variety of tasks.
4. As a business owner, we all know that service interruptions and turnover greatly hurt quality. We completely eliminate turnover headaches for you. Let’s face it. It’s not fun losing a bookkeeper and then having to train them when you have little interest doing it and know little about it.
- Since we do very specific tasks such as bookkeeping and data entry for a variety of firms, we are very familiar with the nuances and best practices associated with performing these tasks.
- We use specialists to support the specific task at hand (e.g., virtual assistant, virtual bookkeeper, virtual paralegal, etc.).